Objective and scope
According to the Memorandum of Understanding, the objective is: " ... help to promote an environmentally sustainable economic development, based on the contribution of securing energy supplies, improving living conditions and conserving the natural environment... "
Given the general nature of the objectives of the Joint Committee, the scope of work is not limited from the outset. The actual activities are defined within the JCEE Working groups and adopted by the High Level Focal Points of the Joint Committee. Thus, the JCEE is active in developing technology projects and awareness, capacity building and education initiatives including as well as policy advisory including institution building.
According to the Memorandum of understanding, tasks include
Provide guidance in national energy planning, research and development, education and training, in particular:
- procedures to realize national RE targets,
- transfer of RE & EE technology,
- create training opportunities,
- joint events to attract private investment,
- diffusion to best practice and lessons learnt,
- support Egypt to play leading role in RE and EE
- disseminate and apply information,
- support neighbouring countries,
- cooperate with other organsiations,
- facilitate standardization and certification schemes
Memorandum of Understanding
In the below Memorandum of Understanding between the two Governments, the foundation for the Joint Commitee was laid on October 30, 2007.