High Level Focal Points Meeting
The High Level Focal Points Meeting is the highest body of the JCEE, in which the Ministries are represented. It meets 2 times per year and provides guidance and direction.
The Chairpersons (focal points) of the HLJC are the
- First Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Electricity and Energy and
- the German Ambassador to Egypt or his representative.
Otehr participants in the HLJC are:
- Representatives of the Members
- Chair and Vicechoirs of the JCEE working groups
- JCEE Secretariat
Working groups and working group chairs
The Working Groups of JCEE are idea factories, policy discussion forums and follow up the implementation of their activities.
JCEE has started with 3 Working groups which have different foci:
- WG I is directly concerned with Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency technologies in the electricity supply and demand sector and , split in two subgroups: a) Renewables and b) Efficiency
- WG II concentrates on Energy Sector Reforms and Policies
- WG III deals with Environmental Protection, CDM, and the sectors Transportation, Sustainable Architecture and Urban Planning.
The Chairpersons of Working Groups are guiding the experts
The permanent JCEE Secretariat has the task to ensuring things happen.
The Secretariat has a German Director and an Egyptian Counterpart. It is operated jointly by MoEE and GTZ
It is located at the site of NREA.